5 Easy Ways to Stay Healthy While Traveling
08 December 2016
How has your week been? I’m on travel this week for work and while traveling is wonderful, it can get us out of our health and self-care routines. Here are some things I do to stay healthy while I’m away from home and out of routine.
- Vitamins and Supplements: I especially like to make sure I stock up on B’s and C’s, which are supportive of boosting our immune systems, especially during stressful times. I love traveling with these since they are so convenient, lightweight, and don’t take up too much space!
- Eat as well as possible. I know hotel and restaurant options are limited, though I do the best I can to find foods that accommodate my food restrictions. I also limit my alcohol and sugar consumption, particularly since they promote an acidic environment within the body and stress the immune system.
- Exercise. Whenever I travel, I scope out local trails or check to see if there’s a gym at the hotel. I always find some great travel workouts to do in my room, just in case!
- Epsom Salt Baths. I tend to get leg cramps when I travel (a possible sign of magnesium and potassium deficiencies). I usually pack Epsom salt and put a cup of it in my bath, along with a few drops of essential oils (usually lavender, which is very calming).
- Sleep routine. Though it’s tempting to stay up later and shoehorn as much stuff into an evening as possible, this should be a time to take a break and go to bed earlier.
GET EVEN HEALTHIER!
What do you do to stay healthy when you’re on travel? Do you have food restrictions and/or allergies that make traveling challenging? Want more healthy travel ideas and tips? Let’s talk! I invite you to connect with me for a Free Health Breakthrough Coaching Session — or pass this offer on to someone you care about!