10 Ways to Fell Well-loved and Nourished
10 November 2016
This time of year can be stressful (Election Day, upcoming holidays, work, school activities, etc.) and I wanted to check in to make sure you’re taking good care of yourself. When we don’t practice self-care, our immune systems are weakened and we’re more susceptible to illness and disease.
Here are some things you can do to help you feel well-loved and nourished:
- Sleep: try to get 7-9 hours of sleep each night (I’m working on this one, too).
- Eat nourishing, whole foods instead of processed, sugary ones.
- Go outside and connect with nature: Fresh air and feeling your feet on the ground help you feel grounded and centered.
- Take a walk or go for a run or try some yoga. Exercise gets our blood flowing, our lymph moving, and our bodies sweating out and removing toxins.
- Meditate or sit quietly and breathe for 5 minutes to help clear your mind.
- Talk to a good friend or a loved one.
- Take a warm bath with essential oils (like lavender) and Epsom salts.
- Give and receive hugs.
- Drink fresh, filtered water.
- Find something to make you laugh every day. Smiling and laughing releases endorphins that help us feel happy and content.
What will you do to take care of yourself today? Let’s talk! Schedule an initial complimentary consultation with me today to discuss a personalized self-care plan — or pass this offer on to someone you care about! I’d love to connect with you here for a free health coaching session!